on Castes, Races and Tribes
- The people of India by J D Anderson 1913.
- Races of Afghanistan by H. W. Bellew 1880.
- Hindu Castes and Sects by J N Bhattacharya 1896.
- Tribes of the hindu Kush by J. Biddulph 1880.
- Rajputs by A. H. Bingley 1898.
- Brahman by A. H. Bingley 1897.
- Dogras by A. H. Bingley 1899.
- Primitives of the Nilgiris by J. W. Breeks 1873.
- Chamars by C. W. Briggs 1920.
- Natives of the Northern India by W. Crooke 1907.
- Descriptive Ethnology of Bengal by E. T. Dalton 1872.
- Baloch Race by M. L. Dames 1904.
- Kacharis by S. Endle 1911.
- Handbook of Sikhs by R. W. Falcon 1896.
- Kachins by C. Gilhodes 1922.
- Oraons and Mundas by A. Grignard 1909.
- Khasis by P. R. T. Gurdon 1914.
- Angami Nagas by J. H. Hutton 1921.
- Account of the Gypsies of India by D. Macritchie 1886.
- Wild Races of South-Eastern India by T. H. Lewin 1870.
Books on Chronology
- Hindu Chronology and Antediluvian History by S. R. Bosanquet 1880.
- Carnatic Chronology by C. P. Brown 1863.
- Elements of the Jewish and Muhammadan Calendars by S. B. Burnaby
- Arakanese Calendar 1820-1918 by Hoon Chan 1907.
- Book of Indian Eras by A Cunningham 1883.
- Kala Sankalita by John Warren 1825.
Books on Numismatics
- Coins of the Indo-Scythians by A. Cunningham 1888.
- Coins of Ancient India from the Earliest Times to the 7th
century by A. Cunningham 1891.
- Coins of Southern India by W. Elliott 1886.
- Coins of Haidar Ali and Tipu Sultan by J. R. Henderson 1921.
- Catalogue of the coins of the Indian Museum by C. J. Rodgers
- Notes on the Monetary System of Ancient Kashmir by M. A. Stein 1899.
- Early Sassanian Inscriptions, Seals and Coins by E. Thomas 1868.
- Useful Tables of coins, weights and measures of British India 1879.
- Currencies of the Hindu States of Rajputana by W. W. Webb 1893.
- Notes on the Mint-Towns and Coins of the Mohammedans by E. Leggett
Books on Archaeology and Architecture
- Ruins of Nalanda Monasteries at Burgaon by A. M. Broadley 1872.
- Catalogue of prehistoric antiquities in the Indian Museum 1917.
- Rock Temples of Elephanta or Gharapuri by J. Burgess 1871.
- Report on the Antiquities of Kathiawad & Kachh by J. Burgess 1876.
- Report on the Buddhist Cave Temples and their Inscriptions by Jas
- On the Muhammadan Architecture of Bharoch, Cambay, Dholka,
Champanir and Mahamudabad in Gujarat by Jas Burgess 1896.
- Descriptive and historical papers relating to the seven Pagodas on
the Coromandel Coast by M. W. Carr 1869.
- Memorandum on Ancient Documents in Eusofzai by H. H. Cole 1883.
- Chalukyan Architecture of the Kanarese Districts by Henry Cousens
- Antiquities of Indian Tibet by A. H. Francke 1926.
- Sharqi Architecture of Jaunpur by A. Fuhrer 1889.
- Portfolio Studies of Ancient Hindu Architecture by B. R. Harrington
- Antiquarian remains at Sopara and Padana by B. Indraji 1882.
- Preservation of National Monuments by J. B. Keith 1883.
- Architecture in the Himalayas by William Simpson 1883.
- Tea Industry in India by S. Baildon 1882.
- Cultivation of Ficus Elastica by C. Bald 1906.
- Diamonds, coals and gold of India by V. Ball 1881.
- Monograph on the woolen fabrics of Bengal by N. N. Banerjee 1899.
- Report on the gums, resins, oleo-resins and resinous products by M.
C. Cooke 1874.
- Liberian coffee in Ceylon by G. A. Cruwell 1878.
- Tin Mining in India by P. Doyle 1879.
- Gold, gems and pearls in Ceylon and South India by J. Ferguson 1888.
- Jute cultivation in Bengal by P. J. Gomes 1929.
- Indigo manufacture by J. B. Lee.
- De Kinacultuur in Azie by J. C. B. Moens 1882.
- Monograph on paper and papier – Mache in Bengal by D. N. Mookerji
- Hand-book of Sericulture by N. G. Mukerji 1912.
- Plants and Drugs of Sind by J. A. Murray 1881.
- Handbook of Cotton cultivation by J. T. Wheeler 1863.
Forestry, Gardening, Farming
- Timber trees, timber and fancy woods by E. Balfour 1862.
- Notes on Indian Agriculture by B. C. Basu 1893.
- Forest and Flora of North-West and Central India by D. Brandis 1874.
- Forests and Gardens of South India by H. Cleghorn 1861.
- Report on the Teak forests of the Tenasserim Provinces by H.
- Indian conservatory and guide to Orchid Growing by G. B. Groves 1889.
- Indian flower Gardener by Landolicus 1877.
- Monograph on the coconut Palm by J. Shortt 1888.
- Roses and how to grow them in India by R. B. West 1887.
- Cultivation of ornamental plants by H. H. Spry 1841.
- Manual of Indian Timbers by J. S. Gamble 1881.
- Manual of Indian sylviculture by E. E. Fernandez 1888.
- Crops of Bengal by D. L. Roy 1906.
- Forest Flora of British Burmah by S. Kurz 1877.
- English vegetables and flowers in India and Ceylon by D. Mc. Donald
- Pig sticking or Hog hunting by R. S. S. Baden-Powell 1889.
- Sport in Bengal by E. B. Baker 1887
- Large and small game of Bengal by J H Baldwin 1883
- Falconry in the valley of the Indus by R F Burton 1852
- Tiger Shooting in the Doon and Ulwar by J C F Cookson 1887
- Ivory King by C F Holder, 1886
- Manual of Indian Sport by A Monkoy 1876
- Historical researches on the sports and wars of the Mongols and
Romans by J Ranking 1826
- Tiger shooting in India by W Rice 1857
- Scottish Moors and Indian Jungles by J T Newall 1889
- Oriental field sports by T Williamson 1819
- Angling in the Kumaun lakes by W Walker 1888
- Wild sports of the East by T Williamson 1807
- Polo in India by G J Younghusband 1890
- Sporting and military adventures by B Walshe 1875
- Folklore of Bengal by Lal Behari Day 1892
- Santal folk tales by A Campbel 1891
- Popular poetry of the Baloches by M L Dames 1907
- Folk tales of Kashmir by J H Knowles 1888
- Eastern proverbs and emblems by J Long 1881
- Tale of the Tulsi plant and other studies by C A Kincaid 1908
- Kurukh Folklore in the original by Fred Mahn 1905
- Vickram Charita by Murridass 1855
- Curiosities of Indo-European tradition and folklore by W K Kelly
- Rajaniti by Lallu Lala 1869
- Contes et legendes de L’Inde ancienne by M Summer 1878
- Chants populaires de L’Inde by M Garcinde Tassy
- Prakrita-Suktarathamala by P C Nahar 1919
- Legends of the Afghan countries by C Masson 1848
- Hatim’s Tales by Aurel Stein 1923
- Hitopadesa or the book of good counsel by B M Wortham
- Proverbs and folklore of Kumaun and Garhwal by G D Upreti 1894
- Tales of the Pandavas by Cimmerian 1884
- Legends of the Panjab by R C Temple
- Outlaws of Kathiawar by C A Kincaid 1905
Books on Education
- Education in India under the East India Company by B D Basu
- College of Fort William by C Buchanan 1805
- Fourteen Experiments in Rural Eduction by A B Van Doren & K T Paul
- Higher Education in Bengal under British Rule by J Ghosh 1926
- Ancient Indian Education by P E Keay 1918
- Review of progress of Education in Bengal 1922-23 to 1926-27
- Papers connected with the Establishment of Universities in India
- Post-graduate Teachery in the university of Calcutta 1918-19
- La Martiniere Chronicle 1900
- Promotion of learning in India by Early European settles up to
1800 by N N Law 1915
Books on Epigraphy
- Coorg Inscriptions by B Lewis Rice 1886
- Les Inscriptions de Piyadasi by E Senart 1881-1886
- Topographical list of the inscriptions of the Madras Presidency by
V Rangacharya 1919
- List of Christian Tombs and Monuments in the N W provinces and
Oudh by A Fuhrer 1896
- Les Inscriptions Chinoises de Bodh-Gaya by E D Chavannes 1896
- List of Tombs in Bengal by E S Wenger 1895
Books on Art
- Dance of Siva by A Coomaraswamy 1924
- Illustrations on Sind Tiles by Henry Cousens 1906
- L’Art Khmer by Cte.de Croizier 1875
- L’Art Antique de la Perse by Diculafoy 1884
- Description of Indian and Oriental Armour by Egerton 1896
- Jeypore Enamels by S S Jacob & T H Hendley 1886
- Alwar and its Art Treasures by T H Hendley 1888
- History of fine Art in India & Ceylon by V A Smith 1911
- Gardens of the Great Moghuls by C M V Stuart 1913
- Catalogue of the paintings, status, framed prints etc in the rooms
of the Asiatic Society of Bengal by C R Wilson 1897
Indian Customs and Life
- De Moribus Brachmanorum by St. Ambrosius 1668
- De Braghmanibus by Anonymus 1668
- Les civilisations de L’Inde by Gustave Le Bon 1887
- Altindisches Ahnenalt by W Caland 1893
- Indian Gods, Sages and cities by C Cesary 1881
- Conformite des coutumes des Indiens Orientaux by De la Creguiniere
- Moeurs, Institutions et ceremonies des peuples de L’Inde by J A M
- Brahmanen und cudras by A Hillebrandt 1896
- Paharia Burial- customs by H Hosten 1909
- Chants populaires dusud de L’Inde by E Lamairesse 1868
- Das Wurfelspiel im alten
- Hindu Fasts and Feasts by A C Mukherjee 1918
- Mystics, Ascetics and saints of India by j Campbell-Oman 1905
- De Gentibus Indiaet Bragmani bus by Palladius 1668
- La porte ouverte.. Connoiffance du paganisme by A Roger 1670
- Marriage of Hindu widows by Iswarchandra Vidyasagar 1864
- Indian recreations by W Tennant 1804
- Costumes of Hindostan by B Silvyns 1807
- Suwarta and other sketches of Indian life by A H Small 1894
- Report on Budhuk aliasBagree dacoits by W H Sleeman 1849
- Mishmee Hills by T T Cooper 1873
- Notes on the early history of Manipur by A F M Abdul Ali 1923
- Travels and adventures in the province of Assam by J Butler 1885
- Bengal directory and general register 1826
- Begams of Bengal by S C Berman 1915
- Histoire des conquetes au Bengal by William Bolts 1858
- Etat du Bengal by Raynal 1775
- Echoes from Old Calcutta by H E Busted 1897
- Thacker’s guide book to Calcutta by W k Firminger 1906
- Early history of the Dekkan by R G Bhandarkar 1884
- Ras Mala or Hindoo Annals of Goozerat by A K Forbes 1856
- Burma after the conquest by G Geary 1886
- Letters from Mandalay by J A Colbeck 1892
- Orissa by W W Hunter 1872
- History of Bihar Indigo factories by M Wilson 1908
- Himalayan Journal by J D Hooker 1854
- Notes of a Trip to Kedarnath by j Muir 1853
- Kashmir and Kashgar by H W Bellew 1875
- Rajatarangini or chronicle of the kings of Kashmir by Kalhain 1892
- Wild life in Canana and Ganjam by G S Forbes 1885
- Voyages aux ruinses de Golconde et a la cite des morts by L
- Sketch of the dynasties of south India by R Sewell 1883
- Mysore reversion by Evans Bell 1865
- Views in Mysore by J Hunter 1805
- Account of the kingdom of Nepal by Kirkpatrick 1811
- History of Nepal by Daniel Wright 1877
- History of Ceylon by W Knighton 1845
- History of Bahawalpur by S Ali 1848
- Scinde or the unhappy valley by R F Burton 1851
- Sketch of Mairwara by C G Dixon 1850
Books on Ethnology
- Flint cores and flakes from sakhar by W T Blanford
- Stone Implements from Singbhum by V Ball
- Identification of pauranik tribes with those in Dalton’s texts by
- Batchelor’s hall among the Mikirs of Assam by C Brownlow
- Barah Bhuyas of Eastern Bengal by J Wise
- Tribes south of Sibsagar by S E Peal
- Alti Hills in Cuttack by John Beames
- Antiquities of Jaipur in Orissa by C Banerji
- Dutch records of Chinsura by E Lethbridge
- Mahasthan near Bagura by C J O’Donnell
- Site of Fort Ekdalah by E V Westmacott
- Kharakpur in Monghyr by R Bose
- Ballads of Bhagalpur by R Bose
- Omerpore in Behar by R Bose
- Compilmuni and its Antiquities by R Bose
- Muhammadan historians on Chota Nagpur by H Blochmann
- Ghargaon in Assam by J M Foster
- Legend of Baghesar of the Gonds by B L Samuells
- Shah Jalal by J Wise
- Tirthas of Vrinda-Vana and Gokula by F S Growse
- Country of Braj by F S Growse
- Notes on Old Delhi by J D Tremlett
- History of the Gakk’hars by J G Delmerick
- District of Dera Ismail Khan by T W H Talbort
Books on Flora
- Flora Javae et insularum adjacentium by C L Biume, Amsteladami
- Album of Indian Ferns by C E Baynes, London 1887
- Cultivated oranges and lemons of Indian and Ceylon by E Bonavia,
- Thesaurus Zeylanicus exhibens plantas in insula Zeylana Nascentes
by Joannis Burmanni, Amsteladami 1737
- Bombay flora by N A Dalzell, Bombay 1861
- Hortus Malabaricus, notis adauxit by H Van Rhede tot-drakestein-
12 volumes and catalogue, amsteladami
- Flora sanscrite by Hector Dufrene, Paris 1887
- Notulae ad plantas asiaticas by W M Griffith, Calcutta 1847-1851
- Decade di Alberi Curiosi et eleganti piante della Indie Orientali
by G Hill Roma 1786
- Flora of British India by J D Hooker 7 Volumes, London 1875-1897
- Due libri dell’Historia dei semplici, aromati et altre cose’che
vengono portate dal’Indie orientali, by Garzia Dall’morto, venetia
- Flora Indica-series by William Roxburgh, Calcutta 1795-1874
- Prodromus florae peninsulae Indiae orientalis by Robert Wight,
- I cones plantarum Indiae orientalis by Robert Wight, 6 vols,
- Hortus suburbanus Calcuttensis by J O Voight, Calcutta 1845
Books on Meteorology
- Cyclones of the Far East by Jose Algue, Manila 1904
- Whirlwinds & Dust-storms of India by P F H Baddeley, London 1860
- Indian meteorologist’s vade-mecum by H F Blanford, Calcutta 1876
- Results of a scientific mission to India and high Asia, with an
atlas by Robert de Schlagintweit, 4 volumes, London 1861-66
- Eruption of Krakatoa by G J Symons, London 1888
Books on Geology
- Catalogue of Minerals, ores and Rocks, Madras 1890
- Die Indischen mineralien by R Garbe, Leipzig 1882
- Sketch of the Geoogy and geography of the Himalaya mountains and
Tibet by H H Hayden 1907-1908
- Palacontologia Indica 1861-1901. 26 volumes
Bengal famine of 1874-1876
- Black pamphlet of Calcutta- Bengal famine by a Bengal civilian,
- Peasanty of Bengal, by R C Dutt, Calcutta 1874
- Famine aspects of Bengal districts, by W W Hunter, London 1874
- Report on the Food-grain supply and statistical review of the
relief operations in the distressed districts of Bihar and Bengal,
- Tour along the famine districts of India by F H S Mercwether,
Books on Fauna
- Rumphia Indiae orientalis by C L Blume Paris 1835-48
- Handbook of the birds of the Bombay presidency by H E Barnes,
- Handbook of the Freshwater fish of India by R Beavan, London 1877
- Catalogue of butterflies from Sikkim and Bhutan, Darjeeling 1872
- Poisonous snakes of India by Joseph Ewart, London 1878
- Stray Feathers – a journal of Ornithology for India by Allan Hume,
12 volumes, Calcutta 1873-99
- Fauna Antiqua sivalensis by Hugh Falconer, London 1846
- Conchologia Indica by Sylvanus Hanley, London 1876
- Nests and eggs of Indian birds by Allan O Hume, London 1889-90
- Mammals of India by T C Jerdon, London 1874
- Arachnide by R I Pocock, Calcutta 1900
- Cestodes by Southwell, London 1930
- Coleoptera by W W Fowler, Calcutta 1912
- Dermaptera by M Burr, Calcutta 1910
- Hirudinea by W A Harding, Calcutta 1927
- Mollusca by H B Preston, Calcutta 1915
- Reptilia and Batrachia by George A Boulenger, Calcutta 1890
- Rhynchota by W L Distant, Calcutta 1902
- Oligochaeta by J Stephenson, London 1923
- Orthoptera (Acridiidae) by W F Kirby, Calcutta 1914
Books on Indian Philosophy
- Sankhya, Vaiseshika, Yoga philosophy by James R Ballantyne,
- Quelques concepts fondamentaux des hindous by Arthur Avalon,
- Dialoques on the Hindu philosopy by K M Banerjea, London 1861
- Essais sur la philosophie des hindous by M H T Colebrooke, Paris
- Der Idealismus der Indischen religions philosophie, Freiburg 1901
- Geschichte der philosophie by Paul Deussen, Leipzig 1906
- Rational refutation of the Hindu philosophical systems, by N
Nilakantha Sastri Goreh, Calcutta 1862
- Introduction Generale a L`Etude des doctrines hindoues by Rene
Guenon, Paris 1921
- Sarva-Darsana-Samgraha by Madhava Acharya, London 1882
- Six systems of Indian philosophy by F Max Muller, London 1903
- Religio-Philosophic History of India by O C D Zacharius, Ernakulam
- Essay on the Doctrine of the Unreality of the world in the Advaita
by G Dandoy, Calcutta 1919
- Introduction to vedanta philosophy by Pramathanath Mukhopadhyaya,
- Atmabodha ou de la Connaissance de L`Esprit by M Felix Neve, Paris
- Manual of Hindu Pantheism by G A Jacob, London 1888
- Doctrine of Maya in the philosophy of the vedanta by Prabhu Dutt
Shastri, London 1911
- Bhagavad-Gita or the Lord’s song translated by Annie Beasant,
- Hindu Mysticism by Surendranath Dasgupta, Chicago 1927
- Indian Logic and Atomism by A B Keith, Oxford 1921
- Theosophy by Richard F Clarke, Calcutta 1892
- Ontology, being a translation of the "Tatwa Vidya" by Dwijendra
Nath Tagore, Calcutta 1871
- Yajna Samhita: the religion of Sacrifices by Jogindra
- Yoga philosophy by Swami Vivekananda, London 1896
- Avesta, Livre Sacre des Sectateurs de Zoroastre by C De Harlez,
- Zorastrian ethics by M A Buch, Baroda 1919
- On the origin and authenticity of the Arian family of languages:
the Zend Avesta and the Huzvarash, Bombay 1861
- Pazend texts by E E Kersaspji Antia, Bombay 1909
- Study of the five Zarathushtrian gathas by L H Mills, Leipsic 1894
- Treasure of the Magi by J Hope Moulton, London 1917
- Zoroastrian doctrine of a future life by J D Cursetji Pavry, New
- Zorastrian deities on Indo-Scythian coins by M Aurel-Stein, Bombay
- Message of Zoroaster by A S N Wadia, London.
- Religion and customs of the Persians and other Iranians by Adolf
Rapp, Bombay 1876
- Jaina inscriptions by P C Nahar, Calcutta 1918
- Epitome of Jainism by P C Nahar and K C Ghosh, Calcutta 1917
- La religion des Jaina by J Vinson, Paris 1870
- Kalpa sutra and nava tatva by J Stevenson, London 1848
- Uvasagadasao or the religious profession of an Uvasaga by A F
Rudolf Hoernle, Calcutta 1890
- Notes on Modern Jainism by S Stevenson, Oxford 1910
- Etude sur le mythe de vrisabha by L de Milloue, Paris 1886
- Uber die Indische secte der Jaina by George Buhler, Wien 1887
- Repertoire d`epigraphie Jaina by A Guerinot, Paris 1908
- Jainism and Buddhism by A F Rudolf Hoernle.
- Light of Asia or the great renunciation by Edward Arnold, London
- Wheel of the law by Henry Alabaster, London 1871
- Texts from the Buddhist Canon, known as Dhammapada by Samuel Beal,
- Christianity and Buddhism by T S Berry, London
- History of Buddhism by Bu-ston, Oxford 1931
- Marchea la Lumiere Bodhicaryavatara by Cantideva, Paris 1920
- Dathavansa or the history of the Tooth-relic of Gotama Buddha by
Mutu Coomaraswamy, London 1874
- Nirvana by Joseph Dahlmann, Berlin 1896
- Buddhism, its History and literature by T W Rhys-Davids, London
- Buddhist manual of psychological ethics - 4th century B
C by C A F Rhys-Davids, London 1900
- Annales du Kandjour et du Tandjour by L Feer, Paris 1881
- Histoire du Bouddha sakya mouni by P E Foucaux, Paris 1868
- Lotus Gospel by E A Gordon, Tokyo
- Civilisatons de L`Orient by Rene Grousset, Paris 1930
- Legends and theories of the Buddhists by R Spence-Hardy, London
- Asoka’s dharma and religion by H Heras, Bangalore
- Barlaam and Josaphat: English lives of Buddha by Joseph Jacobs,
- Light of Asia and the light of the World by S H Kellogg, London
- Sanskrit Buddhist Literature of Nepal by Rajendralala Mitra,
- Truth and tradition in Chinese Buddhism by Reichett, Sanghai 1927
Books on Islam
- Life and teachings of Mohammed by Syed Ameer Ali, London 1891
- Preaching of Islam by T W Arnold, Westminster 1896
- Le Koran Analyse by Jules La Beaume, Paris 1878
- Dictionary of Islam by Thomas Patrick Hughes, London 1896
- Miracle play of Hasan and Husain by Lewis Pelly, London 1879
- Les Pensevra de L` Islam by Carra de Vaux, Paris 1921
- Arabia the cradle of Islam by S M Zwemer, Edinburgh 1900
- Six months in the Hejaz by John F Keane, London 1887
- Studies in a Mosque by Stanley Lane-Poole, Eden 1893
- Comprehensive commentary on the Quran by E M Wherry, London 1895
Books on Missions
- Handbuch der Katholischen missionen by Bernard Arens, Freiburg
- Storia universale delle Missioni Francescane by P Marcellino de
Civezza, Roma 1857-91
- Missions catholiques – Introduction a L`Histoire des Missionaires
Belges by P De Becker, Bruxelles 1879
- Christian missions by T W M Marshall, London 1863
- Katholische missions geschichte by Joseph Schmidlin, Steyl 1925
- Histoire du Christianisme des Indes by M V La Croze, La Haye 1724
- History of Christianity in India by James Hough, London 1839
- Early Roman Catholic Missions in India by James F B Tinling,
- Les Origines de Christianisme aux Indes by L M Zaleski, Mangalore
- Indo-Christian Iconography by H Heras, Bombay 1927
Books on Law
- Bengal Municipal Act 1884
- Code of Criminal procedure Act No XXV of 1861, with amendments,
- Indian Christian Marriage Act, 1872 as modified up to 1st
April 1891, Calcutta 1891
- Law applicable to Christians by Paul Appasamy, Madras 1928
- Two treatises on the Hindu Law of Inheritance by H T Colebrooke,
- Legislation Orientale by M Anquetil Duperron, Amsterdam 1778
- Manava-Dharma-Sastra by Graves Chamney-Haughton, London 1825
- Recht und sitte by Julius Jolly, Strassburg 1896
- Administration of Justice in British India by William H Morley,
- Law relating to India and the East India Company, London 1841
Books on Medicine
- Materia Medica or some account of the Articles employed by the
Hindus by Ainslie Whitelaw, London 1826
- Medicina Aegyptiorum by Alpini Prosperi, Lugduni 1718
- History of Cholera in India from 1862-1881 by H W Bellew, London
- Manuel de Medicine by C Desaint, Compiegne 1876
- Etiology and Epidemiology of plague, Calcutta 1908
- Lettres historiques sur la medicine chez les Indous by Dr. Lietard,
- Plague in India 1896-97 by R Natham, Simla 1898
- Bengal pharmacopaeia by W E O’Shanghnessy, Calcutta 1844
- Short history of Aryan Medical science by Bhagvat Sinh Jee, London
- Transactions of the first Indian Medical congress 1894, Calcutta
Government and Administration
- An analysis of the Constitution of the East India company by Peter
Auber, London 1826
- Les anglais aux Indas et en egypte by Eugene Aubin, Paris 1899
- Capture of Fort William, Calcutta by Ivan Batiushka, Calcutta 1890
- The port canning problem by John Besemeres, Calcutta 1868
- The Bhopal pamphlet by H H the Begum of Bhopal, Allahabad 1894
- Tableau politique et statistique de l`empire brittanique by Comte
de Bjornstierna, Paris 1842
- Etude sur les differentes chartes de la compagnie Anglaise des
Indes by F Delon, Paris 1897
- Administration of the Marquis of Landsdowne by George W Forrest,
- The government service manual by Charles R Hardless, Calcutta 1893
- Orient and Occident by Manmath C Mallik, London 1913
- List of the principal officials of India 1899
- India in 1858 by Arthur Mills, London 1858
- Memorandum on the progress of Madras presidency by S Srinivasa
Raghavaiyangar, Madras 1893
- The Rajah and Principality of Mysore, London 1865
- The Finances and public works of India by Richard and John
Strachey, London 1882
- Treaties and grants from the country powers to the East India
Company 1756-1772, 1774.
- Les Anglais et L`Inde by E De Valbezen, Paris 1857
- Sir Charles Wood’s administration of Indian affairs from 1859-1866
by Algernon West, London 1867
- Memorials of Indian Government by Henry St. George Tucker, London
- The protected princes of Indian by William Lee-Warner, London 1894
Books on Economics
- Indian finance in the days of the company by Pramathanath Banerjea,
- The black pamphlet of Calcutta, the famine of 1874 by a Bengal
civilian, London 1876
- Remarks on the husbandry and internal commerce of Bengal by Henry
Thomas Cole Brooke, Calcutta 1884
- Railways of India by Edward Davidson, London 1868
- Famine campaign in Southern India by William Digby, London 1878
- People’s Banks for Northern India by H Dupernex, Calcutta 1900
- Peasantry of Bengal by Romesh Chuder Dutt, Calcutta 1874
- Famine in India by G W Forrest, London 1897
- Indian shipping in coloured charts by S Nemchand Haji, Bombay.
- Famine aspects of Bengal districts by W W Hunter, London 1874
- The Parochial Emergency Bank by Fr. Julius, Jhansi 1918
- The Metamorphosis of Silver by G Eldon Manisty, London 1895
- The co-operative movement in India by Panchanandas Mukherji,
- The Ocean Telegraph to India by J C Parkinson, London 1870
- Usury in Calcutta by Fr. A Van De Mergel, Calcutta 1914
- Musalmans and Money-lenders in the Punjab by S S Thorburn, London
- Municipal work in India by Reginald C Sterndale, Calcutta 1881
- Report on the Improvement of Indian Agriculture by John A Voelcker,
- Zumeendaree Accounts by D Carmichael-Smyth, London 1839
- Economics of British India by Jadunath Sarkar, Calcutta 1913
Books on Central Asia
- Notes on Western Turkistan by G R Aberigh-Mackay, Calcutta 1875
- L`Inde russe ou anglaise? By L`de Beylie, Paris 1884
- Through the heart of Asia by Gabriel Bonvalot, London 1889
- Central Asian questions by Demetrius C Boulger, London 1885
- Travels into Bokhara by Alexander Burnes, London 1835
- Pamirs and the Source of the Oxus by George N Curzon, London 1896
- Asie centrale by A de Humboldt, Paris 1843
- Recveil de documents sur L`Asie centrale by Camille Imbault-Huart,
- Bokhara: it’s Amir and its People by Khanikoff, London 1845
- Visit to Kafiristan by W W Mc Nair, Royal Geographic Magazine 1884
- Merv Oasis by Edmond O` Donovan, London 1882
- Ancient khotan by M Aurel-Stein, Oxford 1907
- History of Bokhara by Arminius Vambery, London 1873
- Khurasan and Sistan by C E Yate, London 1900
- Second Yarkand Mission 1878-1891 by Ferdinand Stoliczka, Calcutta
Books on Japan
- History of Japan by Francis Ottiwel Adams, London 1874-75
- Descriptive and historical catalogue of a Collection of Japanese
and Chinese paintings in the British Museum by William Anderson,
- Pictorial Arts of Japan by William Anderson, London 1886
- Nihongi, chronicles of Japan from the earliest times to A D 697 by
W G Aston, London 1896
- Les Grandes Guerres Civiles du Japon by L E Bertin, Paris 1894
- Japanese Marks and Seals by James Bowes, London 1882
- Japanese Enamels by James Bowes, London 1886
- Le Japon Artistique by S Bing, Paris
- Ainu of Japan by John Batchelor, London 1892
- Gleanings in Buddha Fields by Lafcadio Hearn, London 1898
- Kokoro, hints and echoes of Japanese inner life by Lafcadiohearn,
- Temples and Shrines of Nikko, Japan by Robert Charles Hope,
- Religions of Japan by William E Griffis, London 1895
- Flowers of Japan and the Art of Floral arrangement by Josiah
Corner, Tokio 1891
- Satsuma Rebellion by Augustus H Mounsey, London 1879
- Industries of Japan by J J Rein, London 1889
- Commentaries on the constitution of the empire of Japan by
Hirobumi Ito, Tokio 1889
- Descriptio regni Japoniae by Bemhardvs Varenius, Amstelodami 1649
- Sketches of Japanese Manners and Customs by J W M Silver, London
- Fans of Japan by Charlotte M Salwey, London 1894